Sunday, February 13, 2011

back to blogging

After a conversation with my mother (who swears she isn't just saying this because she's my mom) who was insisting (other days one might refer to this pattern of conversation as nagging) that I spend more time with my blog. And after finally remembering my blog title and URL, here I am. Reminded through past entries of my own thoughts and words that have captured some of the most interesting and challenging moments of my young life, I realize how quickly and how blurry those months have passed. The (sparse) past entries reminded me how much I needed reminding of these months I have spent so far in Mexico.

So, mom, you're right. I spend hours behind the screen of my computer writing exams and plans and homework, but not recording my own experiences in doing so. I am adapting to a new culture, learning another language, having the little adventures that seem to follow me no matter what continent I am on... in short, I am living the life I want for myself; the life I want for myself includes reflection and a meditation on these moments. To watch them pass more closely. To appreciate the beauty, the absurdity, the humor, the tragedy that I see unfolding outside my window. As I watch life and observe forms of day-to-day chaos from behind my coffee cup, I am going to do better to reflect and meditate upon them from behind my computer screen.

1 comment:

Cam McGregor said...

Cameron is a fan!! ¿Como está vida en Mexico? Is that right? Did I say that right?